St. Mark’s is a Fair Trade organization!
First Sunday = Fair Trade!
The first Sunday of every month is Fair Trade Sunday at St. Mark’s!
Stock up on coffee, tea, chocolate, and beautiful handcrafted items.
Fair Trade Holiday Bazaar: November 27 and December 4, 2016
Enjoy shopping for beautifully handcrafted items made by artisans and farmers worldwide! Each winter, our Fair Trade Bazaar brings hundreds of items for decor and special gifts. Jewelry, table linens, clothing items, Christmas decorations, and dozens of other beautiful gift ideas.This year we have hand-crafted items representing three organizations:
- LWR-SERRV-For 63 years,SERRV’s mission has been to eradicate poverty wherever it resides by providing opportunity and support to artisans and farmers worldwide.
- L’Arche-For 49 years, L’Arche has been making known the gifts of people with developmental disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships and fostering an environment in community that responds to the changing needs of its members.
- Nari Alliance- For over a decade in Nepal, Nari Alliance has been creating a community and transforming the lives of women and children by providing employment opportunities for survivors of human trafficking…their jewelry, scarves and wool coats will be at the Bazaar!
Learn More about Fair Trade!
When you make a conscious choice to purchase certified Fair Trade items and goods, you’re making a choice to support companies that honor the rights and of their workers and artisans.
In supporting Fair Trade, you support:
- Better incomes for farmers and artisans
- Better working conditions
- Protecting children from child labor and slavery
- Women’s rights
- Democratic principles, giving the poor more power
- Good stewardship of resources like water, fertile land and forests
- Development projects that bring schools, clinics and clean water to poor, rural communities