But GROW in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3:18)
We are continually formed in faith through the Holy Spirit. Faith formation at Saint Mark’s includes worship, Sunday school and confirmation, bible studies, and fellowship times for all ages, as well as the work of small groups, mission teams, and committees.
Children’s Faith Formation Handbook, Winter 2013 Update.
Click here to see the new Handbook with updated schedules and highlights for Children’s Faith Formation, Jan–May 2013. Includes information for Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. Copies also available from Char Leone in the Children’s Faith Center
Sunday School: Age 3 to Grade 5
Meets every Sunday from 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. (except summer months)
Sunday School provides children from age 3 through 5th grade with a weekly faith-forming experience that engages them in both large group opening time and age-grouped classroom learning as they experience singing, sharing, praying, serving, and exploring God’s word together. Children gather with trained and committed volunteers each Sunday morning at 9:30 in the Children’s Faith Center. Children learn using the new lectionary-based “Spark” curriculum designed to actively engage them with the Bible. Children grow in friendship with one another and in relationship with God. They participate in the community of faith with inter-generational activities, opportunities for service, and by joining with the congregation during communion twice each month.
The littlest preschoolers (3 and 4 year olds) actively participate in multi-sensory hands-on activities and an engaging Bible story time.
Contact: Char Leone for more information.
Holy Moly! Midweek Bible Fun, Ages 5-8
Meets Wednesday Nights, 6:00-7:15 pm in the CFC
Hosted and facilitated by Char Leone, Children’s faith formation coordinator.
10 GOOD REASONS TO COME TO HOLY MOLY!
- Casual “homey” environment with lots of conversation
- You get to explore Old Testament stories of our faith ancestors
- Supplements Sunday school learning, which focuses primarily on lectionary Gospel readings
- Can’t make it on a particular Sunday orSunday school doesn’t work out well for you?
Spend time with faith community on Wednesday nights!
- A tasty meal with delicious desserts is always served starting at 5:00.
We start out around the table at 6 as kids finish their desserts.
- Mystery box!What’s in it?We are always creative!
- A 5-minute video that keeps kids’ attention introduces our story
- A parent can participate with your kids or spend time elsewhere in study,
fellowship, music, service, prayer.
- Fits into the children’s music programming for this age group,
but you don’t have to be a music kid to participate in Holy Moly.
- Something on your mind and hearts?Stay for prayer together later at the family Prayer Service in Parish Commons.
The Children and Youth Faith Formation Committee engages in the formation of disciples by providing opportunities for children, youth and their families to be nurtured by God’s word and to engage in activities and worship that will encourage Christian growth. It shall invite, equip and support members for faith formation leadership and make use of appropriate materials in accordance with this congregation’s confession of faith.
Team Teachers needed for 2012-13 Sunday School! Do you think God is nudging you to teach and nurture children in faith this year? Please find out more from Char Leone, Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or review the “Invitation to the Ministry of Teaching” packet.